Friday, July 11, 2014

Long day, bed bugs and Mount Rushmore

Yesterday we rode through Yellowstone and Beartooth pass in the morning,  stopped for lunch and got the highway to start our way back home. We decided to ride as many miles as possible to make up for the slow morning. So let's ride until we can and stay the night in a motel? It seemed a good idea. I googled a few places in our way to mount Rushmore and picked one.  Shower,  dinner,  and I went to bed.  Dave was texting with Diana and I was passed out in bed until I heard Dave shouting something and the words bed bugs got into  my head. We removed our stuff from the room and went to  talk to the owner. It was after midnight,  and we proposed  to him that we set our tents in the  front lawn. We did, went to bed and then realized the motel was in front of a train maneuvering area,  so we had engine noise and loud metal to metal noise most of the night.  We got up before 6, knocked on the man's door again, got our money back and hit the road toward Mount Rushmore.  We rode  through Black Hills National Forest,  took some pictures of the monument  and got back to the highway. Now we are camping on Sioux Falls,  SD and tomorrow we should be in Madison,  WI. I am sure I will have nothing to report from this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment