Monday, June 9, 2014

Introduction

I am starting this blog to share my experiences with fellow enthusiasts. I know, I know, there are hundreds of forums and blogs about this subject, why bother writing another one?

My intention is to document long trips and local rides, share my opinion about gear, and recommend places to go and where to stay. Even I have been riding motorcycles since I was fourteen back in 1988, my experience with long distance touring is fairly recent.

I have learned a lot about riding comfortably and safely without filing for bankruptcy. Finding the right gear and/or accessory depends a lot on research, trial and error. If you are in a budget like me, reading Touratech’s catalog is similar to reading Travel & Leisure or Motor Trend: it is not going to happen. My biggest challenge is to find equipment that does the job without paying for the brand name; there are many good deals out there on eBay that are a close match to much more expensive equipment.

I hope you enjoy my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment